|Directions to Our Lady of Pompeii Church|
Come Visit our Beautiful and Historic Church!
This beautiful church is named for the Virgin Mary under her title of Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompei. The church was designed by architect Matthew Del Gaudio, who also designed Saint Josephs's in Chinatown. He based his work on the Romanesque styles the parishioners here at the time knew from their homes in Italy, and he included a campanile, or bell tower, a common feature of Italian churches. The building was dedicated October 7, 1928.
The church's interior decoration was created by Antonio D'Ambrosio, founder of the D'Ambrosio Ecclesiatical Studios. The mural above the altar, complete in 1937 and restores in 1985, depicts scenes from the Battle of Lepanto, a 1571 naval battle the victory of which was credited to prayers to the Our Lady of the Rosary
View Larger Map